Re: [IP] Sudden Onset

In a message dated 1/17/02 1:41:49 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Jennifer wrote:
 >>> I was a "Type 1 1/2" according to my original endo.  I used orals for a
 year.  They stopped working(max. dose)and the bg skyrocketed.  <snip> I know
 that I am a type 1, but I was a "Type 1 in progress" at the very beginning.
 Do you suppose you were a Type 1 in the honeymoon stage? Sounds reasonable -
 at least to me. YMMV (~_^) >>

As I recall, type 1 1/2 (AKA LADA) is autoimmune-precipitated, although not
as many markers as type 1, and comes on very slowly.

Jan and Elvis