RE: [IP] Child's behavior:when to know?

I believe deciding when to check is up to the individual, because only you
know you best.  As a parent I have figured out my daughter pretty well and
she has herself(11 yrs old)  figured out pretty much by herself.  I like to
let her decide for herself what she should do because mommy will not always
be there.

Everyone reacts differently to different situations.  For example with my
daughter this is how I decide if my daughter should check or not.  I was
told by the Endo that insulin should only be given when high in 2 hour
intervals only.  So if I know my daughter bolused for a high 1/2 hour ago
and she's cranky I know she can't take anymore insulin till the next 1 1/2
so I  just tell her to relax because she hasn't yet received the full
dosage.  That's because my daughter always is cranky when she is high, never
fails, and eventually she starts feeling better.  If she doesn't then I have
her check, which this rarely has happened.

When she's whining  or goofy or acting ridiculously silly I know she's low.
I always have her check when i think she's low because I don't want her to
drink juice when she's not low and her numbers go sky high.

I also rely on what we were doing or where we were to know if she is high or
low.  For example when I take her food shopping with me she goes high
because she hates food shopping.  But when I take her bowling she goes low
because she is happy.

IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THE PERSON THEMSELVES AND HOW THEY REACT TO CERTAIN
SITUATIONS AND SURROUNDINGS.  BUT WHEN IN DOUBT ITS BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message
in error or there are any problems please notify the originator
immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of
this message is strictly forbidden. Natexis Banques Populaires will not
be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on.