Re: [IP] # hrs prior

> Hi.  I am trying to understand why the "Pumping Insulin" book states
> that a basal rate should be changed 3-6 hrs prior to a rise or fall
> in bg readings.

What you are reading was written for REGULAR insulin. Guidelines for
most people would dictate a change for regular (Velosulin) of about 2
hours prior to  seeing the desired effect and for Novolog/Humalog
about 1 hour.

You might find the on-line simulation tool useful to illustrate this
effect and what might be expected for typical bloodsugar response to
changes in basal rate.

"Insulin Pumper's Basal Rate Estimator"