Re: [IP] High BG During Disconnect?

>>>I use silhouettes with a MiniMed 508.  So, before taking a shower in the
morning, I bolus enough to cover the time I will be disconnected.  However,
after my shower I prime the pump, reconnect, test my blood, and quite often
I have a 50-60 point rise in blood glucose levels.  It doesn't seem to
matter if I take my shower at 6am, 7am, or 10am... and it can be before or
after I  eat breakfast.  That same rise usually happens. <snip> What should
I do about this rise and what could account for it?  Stephen >>>

Since this is so consistant, IMHO, I believe you, like many, have dawn
phenomenon. I have a basal of 0.4 from midnight to 6:00 a.m., then it
increases to 1.0 until 9:00 a.m. When disconnecting for showering, look at
the total daily dose, then when hooking back up compare the TDD and give the
missing insulin as a prime. This should be covered in the Pumping Insulin

This is just the way some bodies function, and it's not unusual. (~_^)

DISCLAIMER:  This information is not intended to substitute for informed
medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a
health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified health care

Remember the 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting
something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.