[IP] Sudden Onset

Hi ya'll,
I have had a sudden onset of Diabetes.  My 6 yr old has type 1, and is a
pumper.  I had an A1C in Dec 01, and it was normal.  Last week I had the
"flu", and started thirsting.  I checked my BG and was at 360.  Did a few
units of H and went up to 390.  Went to the Dr. and got on Lantus and H.  He
is only an internist and I will need to get to an endo soon.  He knows way
less than I do, and I am slowly developing my ratios to do MDI on myself.  My
question is, how do you tell type1 vs type 2.  With such a sudden onset and
such high numbers, he did not feel like oral would do the trick at all.
I want to start pumping ASAP, but if it is T2 do I pump also?  I know listers
will know way more than any ole docs, so please give advise!!!!
mom to Mira dxd at 17 mths......hey is there such a thing as reverse