Re: [IP] "Clicking" 508 makin' me crazy...

In a message dated 1/16/02 9:11:46 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< If the Paradigm does not click (or clicks more quietly), I'll just keep the
508 till the upgrade.  If the Paradigm does click...I'll try an Animas pump
instead...assuming the Animas does NOT click....BTW....does the Animas
click?! >>

During my pump shopping experience I was told that the Paradigm would not
click and that some people were unhappy about it because they found the sound
"comforting," letting them know the pump was working! Like you, I'm very
sensitive to noises. I have the Animas and it doesn't click, but it makes a
little noise, sort of like a very faint, high-pitched beep or squeak. I don't
think it's as bad as the click, but I would prefer no noise at all. I wonder
if the Paradigm makes a different noise besides the click?
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02