RE: [IP] MRI etc.

The MM usually comes with a black cover to help guard against static
electricity.  Static electricity adn other magnetic fields can wipe out
the pump programming.

[IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE] >From: "Santos,
Elizabeth"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: RE: [IP] MRI
etc. >Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:15:38 -0500 > >I know there is a
water-proof cover but what do you mean by electricity. > > >
-----Original Message----- > > From: Amanda Hagen
[SMTP:email @ redacted] > > Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 11:32 AM
> > To: email @ redacted > > Subject: Re: [IP] MRI etc. > > > > Jan
and Elvis, > > > > What a wonderful brilliant response to this "problem"
Maybe you can > > phone MINI MED and ask if there is some kind of cover
to protect the pump > > as we have for water and electricity etc. > > > >
Good Luck and Happy Pumping > > > > [IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE] >From:
email @ redacted >Reply-To: > > email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP] MRI > > etc. >Date: Wed, 16 Jan
2002 11:11:29 EST > >In a message dated 1/16/02 > > 9:03:28 AM US Eastern
Standard Time, >email @ redacted writes: > > > ><< On Friday, Im
having a detailed physical exam. Stress test, MRI type > > stuff > etc.
The tech I made the appointment with told me Pump Users must > >
disconnect > for up to 4 hours. Any suggestions??? >> > >Aside from the >
> fact that even the pump companies advise against wearing a >pump with
an > > MRI, ask the tech if he/she asks people without diabetes to
>remove their > > pancreas before the tests. Alternately, you might ask
your doc >about > > bolusing for two hours of missed basal when you begin
and your next two > > >hours of missed basal halfway through the
four-hour ordeal. > >Why are > > medical people fixated on having us
remove our pancreas before tests? > > > >Jan and Elvis > >