Re: [IP] Re: MRI etc.

> The message below made me wonder if you put the pump in a lead, film
> protection bag, would there be a problem? Same principle as the lead
> shield used for protection in x-rays. If there was a way to put the
> pump in a protective bag far enough away that it wouldn't block the
> areas of the mri (you would probably have to use the longer tube for
> this). It is just a thought.
Lead offers no protection from magnetic fields. The magnets in an MRI
machine are extremely powerful -- some of the most powerful on earth.
The will definitely torch a pump, your watch, or other similar
devices. These should be removed and kept away from the MRI machine.
The techs that work with these things can probably tell you some
amusing stories :-)