Re: [IP] MRI etc.

Jan and Elvis,

What a wonderful brilliant response to this "problem"  Maybe you can
phone MINI MED and ask if there is some kind of cover to protect the pump
as we have for water and electricity etc.

Good Luck and Happy Pumping

[IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE] >From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP] MRI
etc. >Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:11:29 EST > >In a message dated 1/16/02
9:03:28 AM US Eastern Standard Time, >email @ redacted writes: >
><< On Friday, Im having a detailed physical exam. Stress test, MRI type
stuff > etc. The tech I made the appointment with told me Pump Users must
disconnect > for up to 4 hours. Any suggestions??? >> > >Aside from the
fact that even the pump companies advise against wearing a >pump with an
MRI, ask the tech if he/she asks people without diabetes to >remove their
pancreas before the tests. Alternately, you might ask your doc >about
bolusing for two hours of missed basal when you begin and your next two
>hours of missed basal halfway through the four-hour ordeal. > >Why are
medical people fixated on having us remove our pancreas before tests? >