Re: [IP] MRI etc.

In a message dated 1/16/02 9:03:28 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< On Friday, Im having a detailed physical exam. Stress test, MRI type stuff
 etc. The tech I made the appointment with told me Pump Users must disconnect
 for up to 4 hours. Any suggestions??? >>

Aside from the fact that even the pump companies advise against wearing a
pump with an MRI, ask the tech if he/she asks people without diabetes to
remove their pancreas before the tests. Alternately, you might ask your doc
about bolusing for two hours of missed basal when you begin and your next two
hours of missed basal halfway through the four-hour ordeal.

Why are medical people fixated on having us remove our pancreas before tests?

Jan and Elvis