RE: [IP] MRI etc.

I have disconnected or completely gone off of the pump for a day in that
case I bolused before I disconnected - enough to cover but not enough to
get a low and tested every hour.  When I noticed I was going high I
hooked back on and bolused.  I am sure the tech would allow you to do
this.  Have your pump there in a safety locker or something - or you can
always resort to injection as well.

Good Luck and Happy Pumping

[IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE] >From: "Handsfield, James H."<email @ redacted>
etc. >Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:18:08 -0500 > >Jason Putzer
[mailto:email @ redacted] wrote: > > > On Friday, Im having a
detailed physical exam. Stress test, > > MRI type stuff > > etc. The tech
I made the appointment with told me Pump Users > > must disconnect > >
for up to 4 hours. Any suggestions??? > >It probably has to do with how
long you might be exposed to the magnetic >field which would wipe out the
pump (at least the programming). Test >frequently and be prepared to
cover with injections or snacks. > >Jim Handsfield
>email @ redacted OR >email @ redacted > >The opinions
expressed are mine and may not represent those of my wife who >runs our
house and makes more important decisions than I do.