Re: [IP] Wrestling with highs

> This is kind of a weird problem that I don't know if anyone can
> answer.  My son has been wrestling for 8 years.  His tournaments
> were always on Saturdays and every Saturday that he wrestled my
> sugars were always very high.  I know that it is caused from the
> stress of wanting him to win his matches.  I have been on the pump
> since the middle of December and every Saturday that he has wrestled
> I cannot keep my blood sugars down.

heh... heh.... my pumper daughter used to get VERY high bloodsugars
on tournament mornings (soccer player). Her solution was pretty brute
force --- a BIG bolus. It worked and never caused problems.
Eventually her coach got hip and told her she couldn't start --- The
bg problem went away and the sneaky coach subbed her in within 5
mintues after the game started. Worked like a charm :-). Eventually
she figured out what he was doing, but the bg problem did not come
back. I guess she relaxed....

Michael