Re: [IP] bolusing

> Leeann:
> You stated that the measurements of how much insulin remaining in
> your body works fine for you according to the IP book.
> My question to you is how fast do you see a change in your b.g.
> after you bolus?
> If I check my b.g. 2 hrs later, it is still a little on the high
> side and therefore I think that I have more insulin working in me at
> that time.

You should be able to see results after a half hour or so. It works
much like the unused insulin rule, but upside down sort of....

My daughter uses a simple approximation that says 20% of the insulin
is IN after 30 minutes and 20% more in and hour + 20% more for
1 1/2 hrs. After that she spreads the remainder out over the next
few hours (actually she forgets about it heh... heh...). The results
are usually pretty predictable and follow her insulin/bg ratio pretty
closely. There is some variability for this estimate in the first 30
minutes, but beyond that it ususally is a good match to what her bg's
really do. You must, however, take into account any carbs or other
insulin in your system using the usual methods.