Re: [IP] Wrestling with highs

> This is kind of a weird problem that I don't know if anyone can answer.
> son has been wrestling for 8 years.  His tournaments were always on
> Saturdays and every Saturday that he wrestled my sugars were always very
> high.  I know that it is caused from the stress of wanting him to win his
> matches.  I have been on the pump since the middle of December and every
> Saturday that he has wrestled I cannot keep my blood sugars down. I
> the pump would solve this problem. I'm wondering if I should raise my
> rates on those days and if so by how much.  I am seeing the endo on
> so I will ask her then but in the mean time does anyone have any
> suggestions?

There was an article in Diabetes Interview in the past several months about
others with this kind of issue. It dealt primarily with a soccer fan but it
may be of interest to you. Unfortunately, I dumped all my back issues at the
first of the year and therefore can not give your a better reference but
perhaps someone else on the list  can find it for you.