Re: [IP] bolusing

In a message dated 1/15/02 5:45:18 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Also, how does one figure out those percentages?  I'm not very good in math

and don't know how to calculate it...anyone???? (you've got to write out the

formula for me or else I'm totally lost!!!) >>

According to Pumping Insulin, 30 percent of the bolus is used in one hour.
So, if you multiply the number of hours since your last bolus by 30, that
gives you the amount of insulin that has already been USED. Subtract that
number from the total bolus and you have the amount of UNUSED insulin still
left in your body.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02 and still getting the hang of it