[IP] Re: Anyone from Ontario

Hi Darrin, Sara and others
     Claire was dx in Ontario at the age of 2 and I never heard anything
about OHIP paying for anything at all.  Its quite shocking.
     We've been lucky to have good private insurance, but it sometimes causes
me to panic thinking about what we'd do if it was lost.
     In the U.K. all diabetics are provided with basic supplies free of
charge, though these are restricted to those items on the "list", eg. only
certain blood glucose strips. Pumps are not currently covered.
     We received these free of charge supplies from the date of our arrival
in the U.K. even though Claire had no permanent status there at all--only a
temporary resident permit.  Yet in the province of her birth she receives

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7