Re: [IP] Fighting insurance for the pump

I am a little behind on your situation but if you get studies and submitt
them on how the pump helps people along with personal letters from
doctors ...... nurses ......... dieticians that could help.  If you have
been hospitalized and missed work and such, your doctor could include
this as well.  If you are on dissability or welfare you could ask your
agent to submit a letter as well adn it is always good to include one
from yourself as well.  Good Luck on getting your pump covered.

[IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE] >From: "beth keck"<email @ redacted>
Re: [IP] Fighting insurance for the pump >Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:29:34
-0500 > >Just keep fighting!! I had to fight BCBS of Kentucky and finally
won after >3 denials and it went to an external review board. One thing
that was >helpful to me was finding others that had been approved by the
same co. in >the same state. (MM actually found these people for me). MM
will also give >you copies of studies showing the benefits of pumping. I
sent copies of >their approvals and the studies with my appeals. I also
got a copy of their >criteria for paying for a pump. Pick it apart and
fight every detail.> > >Good luck. Let us know how it turns out >Beth
>-Mom to Braden, 5 pumping 12/26/00 > > > > What > > can/should she do?
Is there someone to talk to, or a process that you all > > know about
that she can try to get the insurance to approve the pump? I > > believe
she was looking at a MM pump too-I don't know how much help she is > >
getting with insurance on that front. Any advice would be greatly > >
appriciated!!!! > > > > Take care, > > Amy-mom to Tyler-8, Riley-6 (dx'd
7-1-99&pumping 19mos), Mason-4, Cailin > > Rose-almost 3, & Lane-7 weeks