Re: [IP] Fighting insurance for the pump

Just keep fighting!!  I had to fight BCBS of Kentucky and finally won after
3 denials and it went to an external review board.  One thing that was
helpful to me was finding others that had been approved by the same co. in
the same state. (MM actually found these people for me).  MM will also give
you copies of studies showing the  benefits of pumping.  I sent copies of
their approvals and the studies with my appeals.  I also got a copy of their
criteria for paying for a pump.  Pick it apart and fight every detail.>

Good luck.  Let us know how it turns out
Beth
-Mom to Braden, 5 pumping 12/26/00

 What