Re: [IP] Off and running, sort of

<< I spoke to my endo and he wants me to correct by raising the basal for a
few hours, NOT a bolus correction. He is against bolus corrections, thinks
they lead to hypos. >>

Bolus corrections can lead to hypos IF you don't consider the amount of
insulin already in your system from the bolus.  The Pumping Insulin book has
a handy chart for determining the "unused bolus" so that you can figure out
how much of a correction to make.  I've used the author's formula and it's
worked like a charm for me.

This is only my opinion, but I think your endo is being overly cautious.  I
would take a look at that particular section of Pumping Insulin and go ahead
and try it.  IMO, it's silly to feel bad for several hours when many of us
are doing corrections and are doing just fine with them.

good luck,