RE:[IP] Someone you should know about

The purpose of Jim McCords run is to bring awareness to the need for more
funding.  He is not asking anyone to earmark funds for him instead of other
oranganizations.  Jim spoke to the presidents of both JDRF and ADA about a
joint effort to get a rally in Washington.  They were unable to arange a get
together.  Mr McCord lauds the efforts of both organizations, butsees the
government as resource that needs to be used better.  He lives in the
Cincinnati area, and a look at his sponsers will show that they are all
local contacts helping him.  He does not want a corporate sponsor.  He wants
his message viewed as that from people who deal with diabetes.  He would be
overjoyed if all that you did is contact your representatives in Washington
and urged others to do this.  His run may be seen as a futile gesture, but
its focus is to call attentionto a need.  You have to start somewhere.  I
said a cure is on the horizon.  My son is 10, if we keep his sugars in line,
10-20 years from now maybe his future won't seem so bleak.  The main message
is make some noise, and get some other people to do it.  I support JDRF and
ADA every chance I get.  If you have any other ideas I am willing to listen.
Check out Jim's web site and send him an email, if you have another idea he
will be there in a minute to support it.  www.diabatesinfo.cc

                     Jim Waters