[IP] Re: Ashley and cataract problems

Dear Ashley,

Don't worry about your eye - it takes time for the vision to improve.  I
had cataract surgery in one eye a year ago because it had become so
difficult to read (and I'm an editor!).  I was dismayed to know that
post-surgery the vision in the that eye WORSENED, and I, like you, was
terrified.  But in a few days it stabilized and I received a new refraction
for it, albeit stronger than prior to the surgery.  (Many folks are lucky
enough to have lesser refractions after surgery.)  But the bottom line is
that once I started with the new glasses my reading vision was MUCH

Be patient - it will get better.
Best wishes,