[IP] Fighting insurance for the pump

Hi, I don't post very often due to a VERY hectic schedule of homeschooling
and raising 5 children (1 of whom is a newborn!), but I do have a question
for those out there who have had a similar problem.  My son Riley (6) was
dx'd 2 1/2 yrs ago and has been pumping for 19 mos. When we got him on the
pump we had no problems insurance wise.  My sister, otoh, works for
Wal-mart, has had TI for 27 years (no complications) and has insurance
through Blue Cross/Blue Shield out of Arkansas thru her employment.  She
lives in MO.  She is trying to get on the pump as her disease is way out of
control (her last 2 years of A1cs have not been under a 9!) but she is
getting a hassle from BCBS.  Her endo sent them a letter of med. neccessity
and a Px for the pump.  Now, they want her to send them the last 6 mos of
blood sugars and more paperwork!  She has been trying to pump for the last 6
mos and can't get the insurance to stop this red tape/delay tatics.  What
can/should she do?  Is there someone to talk to, or a process that you all
know about that she can try to get the insurance to approve the pump?  I
believe she was looking at a MM pump too-I don't know how much help she is
getting with insurance on that front.  Any advice would be greatly

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-8, Riley-6 (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 19mos), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-almost 3, & Lane-7 weeks