[IP] Using a Diluent for peds pumpers

There are a number of peds pumpers who require a diluted insulin to match
their children's basal rates.  We have a few peds pumpers in our pumpers group
and some questions arose.  These parents are looking forward to U50!

Do you mix the diluent with the insulin in the pump reservoir?
If you mix, say a months worth, in a vial, do you keep it refrigerated?
Do you refrigerate your insulin and diluent after opening it?
If you keep them refrigerated, do you allow them to warm to room temperature
before mixing?

Any tips or tricks you can offer about this would be much appreciated.

thanks a bunch!

Mom to Erica, a Canadian Butterfly
Visit our website at