[IP] Re: was Glucagon shots, now lows and being happy

I am so glad that someone has written about this, as I have wanted to ask
about this myself for a long time.
Claire had extremely unstable bgs. while on MDI, and has much better bgs on
the pump, but still quite a lot of erratic numbers.  I have noticed that she
goes low or has great numbers when she is very happy.  We used to call it the
"Madeleine effect"--when she was with her best friend she would go low.  Now
sometimes this involved active playing, and of course we'd expect a low
number.  But often Maddie and Claire would just sit around doing little girl
things and she would still be lower than expected.  We have moved across the
country (and thus no Maddie to play with) and Claire had erratic, awful bgs
for two months.  Things have just gotten better in the last two weeks, don't
know if it will last.  Wish we had Maddie around to come visit.
     Conversely, last year at school she hated her teacher and her bgs were
sky high every day (pre-pump) and she would get sicker and it was a vicious
circle. I know its common knowledge that stress can cause bgs to rise, but is
there also a "happy" hormone that causes them to drop?  Anyone know about any
research in this area?
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7