RE: [IP] 3 year old daughter!

I was under a lot of shock and denital for almost a whole year.  It was
ruining my relationship with my family and friends.  I swore at anyone who
told me my daughter would lead a normal life.  I would say ... really, is
leading a normal life is to having inject yourself or your child three or
more times a day with insulin.  Having to eat on schedule...hungry or not
and so on.

Miraculously my daughter was dealing with it like a pro.  I decided that she
really needed me to be strong and her health was more important then my
pity.  So I snapped out of it and started helping her.  Then I read about
the pump and encouraged her to try it.  It would give her more freedom.  She
tried it and loves it and her bg levels have improved.

Honestly I still cry about her condition every three days when i help her
change her pump site.  But I thank God everday that I can still have her in
my life and she wasn't taken away so soon.  She was in ICU for five days
with very high numbers and almost went into coma when 1st diagnosed with
Diabetes.  Talking about it with another parent of a child that is diabetic
helps more then someone who doesn't.  Going to the Diabetes walks is good
also, not only for the parent but the child.

Stay Strong.  As much as you love pumping, so will your daughter.  I think a
child your daughter's age can be put on the pump.

Word of caution is not to stay in denial too long your daughter needs you
now more then ever.  Consider diabetes a blessing compared to other diseases
out there.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message
in error or there are any problems please notify the originator
immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of
this message is strictly forbidden. Natexis Banques Populaires will not
be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on.