[IP] Disconnecting for lows

>>>I had a low in September and had tried to suspend the bolus on my Minimed
Accidentally, I gave myself 2 additional units which did not help.>>>

As I previously said, I am still learning after 18.5 yrs of pumping. I heard
a CDE tell a newbie to reduce her basal for 1/2 hr. if BG is below 30.  Now,
excuuUUUuse me - do these *pros* know we do NOT have good brain function in
a low???  My Q is, suspending or disconnecting will affect the insulin LATER
so why not forget trying to do something *tricky* at a crucial time? The
insulin going in now will last 3-4 hours. Stopping it now will affect it in
3-4 hours. The low needs to be treated - fast, not delaying carb intake.
Besides, won't that insulin that is still going in need to be effective for
some of the carbs ingested for the low in perhaps 2-3 hours?

IMHO disconnecting or suspending is too much thought/energy which is
obviously lacking at a crucial time, to spent on the pump and its
function(s). *I* say, let the pump run and treat the low! YMMV What do our
pumping reps who have DM advise?  (~_^)

DISCLAIMER:  This information is not intended to substitute for informed
medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a
health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified health care

If the plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense.