[IP] Re: ketones

I just sent this to the CWD list but it looks like it would be helpful here as well...
I didn't see who asked this but...ketones are a product of fat metabolism so any time fat is used as an energy source
ketones will show up in the urine, diabetes or not. They are not exclusive to diabetics. Drinking lots of clear fluid will
help wash them out and avoid dehydration.

Btw, here is a good explanation of the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis.

Hope this helps!

Take care, Kerri mom to 8 (1 with T1, dx 11/96, pumping 11/99 and loving it!)