[IPn] Disetronic Chat on 1-14 Monday

From:          "Rodney Mead" <email @ redacted>
Pumpers and Friends,

D*D*D* D*D*D*D

    This Monday night 1-14 -2001  Insulin Pumpers will be co-hosting a
with Disetronic on Managed Care.
With speaker  Zoe H. Myers, National Director of Managed Care
Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc. in the Guest room at 9P.M. EST.

D*D*D* D*D*D*D

FYI:  This is Zoe's Bio

Zoe H. Myers, National Director of Managed Care Disetronic Medical
Systems, Inc My personal diabetes history begins in 1990 when I was
diagnosed by my mom,who just happened to know what extreme thirst,
blurry vision and sudden weight loss meant. There was no history of
diabetes in my family as far as anyone could recall. My family
physician immediately referred me to an endocrinologist that
specializes in intensive diabetes management, Jim Mersey, MD, FACE,
FACP,  in Baltimore. We tried every possible version of MDI until the
pump became the logical solution for me. Within the first three months
of wearing a pump, I was able to achieve my goals of a hemoglobin A1c
in the target range for the first time, sleeping through the night to
wake up with a normal blood glucose, varying meal times without
affecting my blood glucose and exercising without fear of a sudden
drop. In 1994 I began working for Disetronic in the Mid-Atlantic area,
working with endocrinologists, Pump clubs and local chapters of the
AADE. Since 2000 I have been a part of the  Managed Care Group, whose
mission is to partner with managed care organizations, to ensure  that
insulin pump therapy will become a part of their comprehensive
solution for members with diabetes. I participate in the American
Association of Clinical Endocrinologists as a Co-Chair and member of
their Corporate Adisory Board for 2002-03. Over the past year I have
worn the H-TRONplus, Dahedi and D-TRON pump models. I currently wear a

                                        REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY