[IP] Driver's License Problems

Due to other medical problems associated with m DM, I applied for a
handicapped placard in Rhode Island. I received a form for my doctor to
fill out and a notice that my license would be suspended 1 month from
the date on the form unless I returned it within that time period.
Needless to say, the form was returned, but it took several phone calls
and a visit to DMV to get situation totally resolved. I can understand
their concerns, but are other situations (medical and other) examined in
the same way. Also who are these "persons" determining whether or not
you are able to operate a motor vehicle. I would hope it is someone with
a medical degree in endocrinology and not some "clerk" interpreting a
loosely written set of guidelines. But with budget restraints, I would
put my money on the "clerk". It does seem "slightly" prejudicial to me.