Re: [IP] glucagon shots

In a message dated 1/12/02 1:46:10 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

> We have discovered that Capri Sun or other boxed juices are a great,
> quick way to treat lows. Jenny has never been really out of it, but she
> is low she will sip a drink fast. Obviously, if she was unconscious, a
> tube of frosting or glucagon would be more appropriate.

Mary has needed glucagon several times over the years.......she has a
tendency to stop breathing......it is truly a lifesaver as my son is up for a
hero recognition in scouts for finding her in the middle of the night and
getting me etc (she was about gone)......yes, she does vomit but IMO vomiting
is alive.......you don't know what you will do until you are faced with a
situation so, please don't assume you won't wish to use it and not keep it
around it could save your loved one's (or your own) life....