Re: [IP] mixing insulins in pump

  Mixxing some Velosulin or regualr in with Humalog has proven to cut down on
sensitivity to the Humalog.  The regular acts as a buffer which helps the
pumper tolerate the Humalog better and LONGER.  We had to do this with Josh
who has been pumping 2 years now, starting at 8.  IT was an INSTANT cure for
rising BGs and sore sites after 36 hours.  Our experience was that it did not
alter the response time or basal/bolus needs because you are only putting in
a small amount (60 units in 315 cartridge)  But if you are noticing that
sites are only lasting a day or 36 hours you may find that this mixture
helps.  We are now on Novolog and no longer have the need to mix.  And Josh
does not experience pain with bolusing either....YIPEEEEE!!

mom to Joshua