[IP] Driver's License Problems

Has anyone experienced problems with their State Motor Vehicles Department
regarding their driver's license?  I live in Florida and was recently involved
in a minor traffic mishap.  Now I'm being asked by the State to submit forms
completed and signed by my physician, for review by a medical board.
Apparently the purpose is to evaluate my ability to operate a vehicle.  The
panel then makes a recommendation to the licensing folks, who have the
authority to suspend or revoke the driver's license.

This was an isolated event for me and I was wondering how often this happens
and what to expect.  Thanx!