Re: [IP] FEHB (Fed Empl Health Benefits)

I don't currently have an FEHB, but I was a federal employee back in the
1990's.  I used the National Association of Letter Carriers one year.  They
were a bit more expensive for the plan coverage compared to some of them, but
I recall that they were extremely flexible in what they covered and how much
I got from them.  If my memory serves me correctly, they were my provider
that provided my pump supplies through the prescription drug mail order plan,
and so I paid a $15 copay for each supply I needed:  strips, reservoirs and
sets.   It truely was blissful with this coverage.  I don't know if that
still exists.

The other thing I remembered about FEHB was that I had 9 plans to choose
from.  In many ways this was exhausting because I spent countless hours on
the phone with them getting details about their coverage.  It was well worth
the effort as I found plans that met my needs.  The two different plans I had
through FEHB each bought me a pump.  They were relatively hassle free.

Katie V.
diagnosed Friday the 13th of March, 1981
Minimed 504(now 507) December 28, 1985
two healthy children 1990 and 1998