Re: [IP] FEHB (Fed Empl Health Benefits)

Colleen <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I was recently hired as a federal civilian employee and am in the
> process of selecting a health plan from the list of FFS (fee for
> service) plans.  I would appreciate receiving information from others with
FEHB about how your plan does or does not work for you.  I am particularly
interested in how well pump and other diabetic supplies are covered, and how
much you like the affiliated mail order provider (if it is required).

As a gross generalization, FEHB will cover pumps and supplies, although you
may have to do battle with the particular provider you choose.  What's
available for you will also depend on your locality.  I'm in Atlanta and
opted for Kaiser Permanente, and I've found them responsive for the most
part, and I'm overall pleased with the care we get from Kaiser.

Jim Handsfield