[IP] Re: D prevention

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Let me try to rephrase what you said. Please correct me if I go awry.

HJH per AA> There are no studies that demonstrate statistically
HJH per AA> significant differences in Type 1 incidence due to genetic
HJH per AA> factors.

Now I'll try to rephrase the statement from the NIDDK "Diabetes in
America, 2nd edition":

     More than 80% of cases of IDDM occur in individuals with no
     family history of the disease. The overall risk before age 30
     years for North American Caucasian individuals is < 1%. There is
     no evidence that proves that the risk in siblings, parents, and
     offspring of individuals with IDDM is any different from that
     which could occur by chance alone.

If the restatements are correct, I will then seek references to
studies that contain a statistically significant genetic factor in
Type 1 incidence. I believe that you believe that I will *not* find
such references. If you're right, I'll either make up my own data
(just kidding!) or correspond with a couple of authors requesting
statistical validation of their conclusions.

regards, Andy