[IP] Re: D prevention

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Let me try to rephrase what you said. Please correct me if I go awry.

HJH per AA> There are no studies that demonstrate statistically
HJH per AA> significant differences in Type 1 incidence due to genetic
HJH per AA> factors.

Now I'll try to rephrase the statement from the NIDDK "Diabetes in
America, 2nd edition":

AA'S REWRITE STARTS HERE-->
     More than 80% of cases of IDDM occur in individuals with no
     family history of the disease. The overall risk before age 30
     years for North American Caucasian individuals is < 1%. There is
     no evidence that proves that the risk in siblings, parents, and
     offspring of individuals with IDDM is any different from that
     which could occur by chance alone.
<--AA'S REWRITE ENDS HERE

If the restatements are correct, I will then seek references to
studies that contain a statistically significant genetic factor in
Type 1 incidence. I believe that you believe that I will *not* find
such references. If you're right, I'll either make up my own data
(just kidding!) or correspond with a couple of authors requesting
statistical validation of their conclusions.

regards, Andy