[IP] mixing insulins in pump

Hello everyone, I'm Laura Gulley (38, 22 yrs type I diabetes, 3 yrs on
Minimed pump) I'm new to the list and you guys are great. Especially all you
moms--you deserve a medal. Several people had written about mixing regular
and humalog insulins in the pump reservoir. I've never heard of that. Why do
you do it, and how does it work for you? Does that improve BGs two-three
hours after larger meals? I often notice a delayed rise in BG after a
correctly-bolused big meal, even after a 1hr postmeal normal BG. hate that!
Is mixed insulin better than square/dual wave boluses (which I rarely use) ?
Take care, everybody...