RE: [IP] re: Trina Andrews

Low blood sugars......
I believe that over a period of time, we lose our ability to determine our
lows but...

many years ago, my doctor from NY told me that it's not how low your b.g. is
but how fast it drops that determines whether or not you can feel one coming

I think with the pump, things rarely drop quickly and since we get the
constant drip of the basal, it is a slower process than if we just shot a
whole lot of insulin.

Of course, if we bolus improperly or don't eat everything we bolused for,
the chance of lows is always there....

Ahem, I'm one of those who does a lot of guessing and incorrectly boluses
and therefore, wind up with high's or low's....grrrrr

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00