[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #30

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:07:22 -0500
From: "William Eddie Hollyfield" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Sugarless Chocolates Effects

I think I missed the last discussions on this subject.
Please bear with me:
How does chocolates affect BS?
What is the best sweeter, maltitol, sortitol
Other advice, kidney, eyes ...
Thanks ahead of time.

If maltitol, sortitol are artificial sweeteners, they'll usually contain
more cho than sugar which sweetens the chocolate.  Because of that, I opt to
bolus for the chocolate w/o artificial sweeteners.  I used to spread out the
bolus to 2 hours, but my bg was too high, so I just bolused in the regular
manner and the result is/was acceptable.