From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] starving

> must go up on the insulin with ketones......low numbers and large ketones
> > mean her body is in starvation mode......
>
> **I have been following this thread closely - last week I was sick all
week with a stomach bug - severe stomach cramps as I got hungry - worse
after I ate - till they eased off till I got hungry again. I also had Di...
but not throwing up. The BG's were fine - in fact on the low side. I have
never checked for ketones - but when chatting with on-line buds they were
saying I should. (this was on saturday) Now I am thinking I probably WAS
throwing them. I also could smell just faintly that funky smell that I
remember from when I was dx'd in DKA. I am thinking that I am probably lucky
that I didn't end up in the hospital - I am better this week - but anxious
to see the endo (never have before) and discuss this matter with him. I may
just go out and buy some strips anyway in case I need them again.