[IP] Stomach bugs and ketones

Seeing as there is discussion going on this topic, does anyone use the
Precision Xtra meter which checks for ketones in the blood?  I was given this
meter for free by the company, but haven't used it yet.  The ketone strips
are expensive and when I checked at the pharmacy they had an extremely short
expiry date, so I didn't get them.  However, maybe he just had very old stock
and I will check again after I get a Rx written up for them, so that they
will be covered by insurance.  Can anyone give them a good positive
recommendation?  Thanks

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7