[IP] adult pediatricians

I have had some interesting conversations with adult peds when I called
in during an emergency!  Most seem very frightened to be asked about a
diabetic child's problem.  Not reassuring at all.  You did the right
thing.  Not going to the ER would have been a mistake.  Isn't that what
"I assume you mean adult endos called for pediatric patients" Yes, I would be
scared to death when called to see a child with a neurological problem,
because i was trained in pediatric neurology 40 years ago and don't remember
it. major emergency issues are ok but children ar not little adults. I could
handle a diabetic kid because I work in a camp from time to time. If you have
a good ER with proper staffing (means adult and pediatric er docs as well as a
specialty on call roster) use it.