[IP] Question Birth Control Pill

I have a question-I am severely anemic and my OB/GYN is considering putting
me on birth control pills to help control (and possibly stop for a couple of
months) my periods.  Are there ladies out there on the pill that can tell me
what to expect?  I'm worried about them causing nausea which I already have
trouble with.  This is a last ditch effort before considering something more
permanent since I cannot keep my iron level up in my blood and they have
concluded it is from my periods (done lots of other tests).  I have already
had uterine cysts removed and my iron still drops and I have had to get IV
iron treatments.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!  Linda