Re: [IP] Stomach bugs

> I have had some interesting conversations with adult peds when I called
> in during an emergency!  Most seem very frightened to be asked about a
> diabetic child's problem.  Not reassuring at all.  You did the right
> thing.  Not going to the ER would have been a mistake.  Isn't that what
> doctors are supposed to do?  During the next office visit, ask your
> daughter's endo what he/she prefers you to doin such a circumstance.  I
> know how scary that is!
>
> Glenda

I have had some experiences like this...my son was sick, high blood sugar,
high ketones, and so I took him to the ER on the advice of his
endo......(who is in another town)  When we get there the ER doc acts like
it's no  big deal, takes his time, sends him home when I felt he was still
in danger.  Later his endo received the bloodwork results and said he would
have kept him in the hospital.  This has happened twice.   I'm about scared
to take him there anymore and it would take almost an hour to get to an endo
from where I live.  SCARY!!
I guess the hour drive would be better than being sent home.................
Beth