>>>What other options can she come up with?  Does she even realize that a
major side effect of the pump insulin, be it Novolog or Humalog, is hunger
and weight gain?>>>

>>I lost 25 pounds when I went on the pump since I was no longer treating
the  many lows I had on MDI.  I have more control of my food intake than I
ever have, I don't have excessive hunger or weight gain.  YMMV. >>

In '83 when I started pumping with Lilly Regular insulin I lost 20#. Four
years ago I was put on Humalog and my appetite has not changed any.
Shouldn't a correct basal provide the option of skipping meals when not
hungry? I had not heard of a major side effect of Humalog or Novolog being
hunger/weight gain. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) (~_^)

Experience teaches us there is a small but important difference between
keeping your chin up and sticking your neck out.