[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #25

email @ redacted writes:

> The MM 508 has a similar feature. But I don't think I would use it that way.
> The Auto-Off feature, as it was explained to me, is designed as a safety
> feature.

This is also a safety feature with the Animas pump. A bolus delivered over a
half hour (or as needed) would be better, but I am sure the child in question
does not have  MM or A pump, and might not have this option.  Some
practitioners have suggested a basal rate, programmed higher, at these times,
but that may only be safe if meal times are fixed, and if meal content and
carbs are consistent.

Also, do not use any of these suggestions without first checking with your
physician/CDE/pump trainer.