Re: [IP] Re: leaving children alone

>he has shown me on several occasions that he can be trusted
> and he is getting better at recognizing highs and lows as he gets
> older.   But as a parent of a child with D.  I sure do find it hard
> to let go!!!!!!
> Sylvia
> mom to Joshua

heh... heh... It's the mama bird's job to kick the baby bird out of
the nest. He will supprise you with his ability and flourish with the
knowledge that you trust him. Help him if he fails, but give him the
opportunity to show you how well he can succeed :-)

I don't think not letting go is unique to parents of kids with
diabetes. What parent wants to let go??? diabetes just gives us an
excuse to hold on tighter.

My baby bird (our Lily) got her grades last week for her first Q at
UC San Diego -- ya know, the quarter where all the newbies screw up.
I must confess that my 1st Q grades at Cal, many years ago were 1.7
avg. I managed to pull it up and graduate with something like a 3.3
or 3.6, don't remember exactly. Well..... baby bird manage to get
straight A's except for her advanced Calculus  ----> A+