[IP] Home alone

Well, if you don't want to hear my story of being home alone a half century
ago, move on and/or delete the following:

I was dx'd at 11.5 (11/5/50) in a coma - hospitalized for 16 days. When I
was released from the hospital I was not allowed to return to school. It was
after Thanksgiving before I could return, and this was in the days before
insurance. My folks had large bills to pay - and thankfully they never laid
a guilt-trip about that on me although they have all deserted me now. But
Mom got a job at Ball Band making boots and had to help pay the bills. I was
left alone as soon as I got out of the hospital. When she left the house I
rec'd no hugs and *I love you's* and I'll be back - no nothing. I got no
instructions about my care, either. I stood at the door looking out the
window, crying, as she walked out of my life everyday. Not much has changed
since then as far as family goes.

The dr. at the time said, "Many things will come along to help diabetics in
your lifetime, but nothing will ever help you." I had no hope - but I went
to his funeral. I have seen many changes and help - including things for

email @ redacted :(