Re: [IP] Re: waterproofness

In a message dated 1/8/02 8:34:11 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi,
can someone explain what the waterproof definitions mean for the different
pumps.  If one is waterproof for 1/2 hour up to 8 feet, what happens after
1/2 hour?  Can they leak or malfunction?  Does 1/2 hour mean 1/2 hour at a
time or per site change?  If anyone can clarify this, I'd appreciate it.

Deirdre >>

I addressed this issue with the pump companies during my selection process.
Basically, it's the warranty or guarantee time based on the amount of time
the pump was tested by the company. For example, Animas tested their pump at
12 feet deep for 24 hours and they know that the pump was fine during that
time, so that's the amount of time they guarantee the pump to be waterproof
for. Make sense?
If you want to discuss it further, please e-mail me privately.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/8/02! TODAY!