[IP] Re: Diabetic Cats

I have one huge diabetic cat who was roughly 22 pounds when I adopted
him.  He came into the clinic worked in to be euthanized for his
"urinary incontinence."  The owner thought it was too much trouble to
try to find out why he was suddenly peeing outside of his box.  I
talked her into giving him to me instead.  I quickly discovered he
was diabetic and put him on ultralente twice daily.  His numbers are
better than mine!  The funny thing was not two months after his
adoption I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  I can't begin to
explain how this huge old grumbly cat has comforted me and helped me
maintain my sanity as I learned to manage my own health!  I would be
lost without my four-legged child and most likely would have stayed
in denial a good while longer.

Mom to 2 diabetic kitties and mostly (sometimes) sane