[IP] A Beautiful Mind (scary hypo stuff)

Forgive me if you guys have already discussed this and I just spaced out and missed it.  This last weekend I
saw  the movie A Beautiful Mind.  In the movie, a mathematician who has schizophrenia is committed to a
mental hospital.  In there he is given "insulin treatments".  Five times per week for ten weeks he is given
an insulin injection to purposely cause a severe hypo. I know we had once said that this used to be a common
treatment for mental institutions, but it was scary.  The character was having seizures.
I wonder how starving the brain of glucose would solve any type of chemical imbalance?
The worst hypos I've ever had sure weren't fun. Although some of the ladies say they meet good looking
firemen/EMT's that way.  : /
This isn't still a practice used today, is it???

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Where the local teens get so bored they play mailbox baseball